|Management Economic Dimensión Environmental Dimension|
Government Sectorial supplement
for ONGs GRI Guide G3.1 Challenges Annexes
You are here: Home > Economic and Financial Dimension > Strategic alliances
In 2011, the Saldarriaga Concha Foundation set up strategic alliances with government entities on both the territorial and national level as well as with private institutions and multilateral cooperative organizations. This made it possible to join forces around common objectives.
That is why in the last four years, the resources have been used for carrying out social investment projects in strategic alliances. Thus, greater coverage and impact have been achieved in the areas of educational and productive inclusion, institution and community building as well as in mobilization and information management.
Our learning in this area has made it clear to us that when the Foundation offers technical help in addition to resources, it is necessary to put a value on this support in the budget and include the management costs we incur by operating or managing a project.
The table below, which shows the commitment and contracting out of resources as of December each year, makes it possible to see, on the one hand, the performance of our social investment and, on the other, the resource management (cash and in kind) of public and private third parties with respect to carrying out projects.
*Expressed in thousands of Colombian pesos
This is how, year after year, using the resources approved by the Board for each period, we go about making commitments and contracts. These are used and paid out in accordance with the duration of the projects, a process that can vary one or two and even as much as four years.
The performance and trend of the Foundation's support in carrying out social investment projects that are shown in the following graph enable one to see that the development of strategic alliances has made it possible to mobilize a greater amount in resources from third parties year after year and unite our efforts in support of common objectives for the population group we help. Currently and averaging out the investment for the last four years, for each peso invested, 40% has been provided by the Foundation and the remaining 60% was assumed by the strategic ally: